This oat cream is super easy to make, healthy and you can drop it in a cup of coffee, soup and dessert. it can also be added to your cooking such as pasta and casserole. Yes, it is so versatile☺
I thought about making this cream when I was wondering if I could make vegan mayonnaise out of oats. So I started experimenting with oats. I haven’t figure out how to create a good mayonnaise texture yet but ended up discovering how to make oat cream. The texture is bit like soya single cream but a little thicker. I had a lovely cup of coffee this morning with some of this oat cream in it, it was delicious!
This recipe is very simple and it is much cheaper to make it by yourself than buying one from shops.
If you have gluten intolerance please use gluten free oats instead.
- 55 g rolled oats
- 500 ml boiled water
- a pinch salt
- 2 tbsp oil I used sunflower oil
- Boil water in a kettle and pour 500ml of that into a ceramic bowl.
- Add the rolled oat in the boiled water and give it good mix. Leave it covered for about 30 minutes.
- Transfer the oat mixture into a beaker and add in the oil and the salt. Pulse with a hand blender until smooth.
- Run the blended oat through a sieve over a mixing bowl. The rough bits get caught in the sieve and the smooth liquid goes down in the bowl. *If you want smoother texture, sieve 2 or 3 times. I did it 2 times.
- Keep in the fridge in a glass jar for up to 10 days 🙂