This vegan chocolate chunk muffin is super easy to make with simple ingredients. You will enjoy the crunchiness of the chocolate chunks in the fluffy muffin ☺
After thinking about baking something special for Easter I realised that there were only basic ingredients in the cupboard. I could have gone to the shop but I didn’t want to wait until I had everything.
I decided to bake muffins with the basic ingredients in the cupboard. I basically mixed 8 ingredients together in one bowl, pour the mixture in a muffin tin and baked for 30 minutes. I was wondering how it comes out as it seemed too easy to make but when I tasted it was fluffy and so yummy!
This vegan chocolate chunk muffin is perfect for a snack or dessert or a party with children!
I recommend to leave them to cool completely before serving. The chocolate chunks go solid in the muffin so you enjoy crunchy texture when you eat it.
Vegan Chocolate Chunk Muffin
- 140 g All purpose flour
- 80 g Sugar
- 1+ 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 120 ml Vegan buttermilk mixture of 120 ml soya milk & 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 60 ml Oil any kind of cooking oil
- 80 g Dark chocolate, crushed you can use chocolate chip instead
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (gas mark 5) Prepare the buttermilk by mixing 120 ml soya milk and 1 tsp lemon juice. Set aside.
- sift the flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl then add the sugar, salt and crushed chocolate. Mix well gently.
- Pour in the buttermilk to the mixing bowl and add the vanilla and oil. Mix until combined but DO NOT OVER MIX!
- Grease the muffin tin very well or place muffin liners in the tin. Pour the batter evenly between the muffin partitions.
- Place into the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean. The chocolate may come out wet but not batter.
- Cool for 15 minutes before removing them from the tin. Leave them to cool completely before serving for the chocolate inside the muffins to become solid.