This vegan chocolate crunch bars light is super easy to make, very crunchy and pleasantly chocolaty. As the name says it’s quite light so it’s kind to your tummy and child friendly as well☺. I usually eat 2 bars (I know it’s piggy..) with my cup of coffee after dinner and don’t feel heavy at all.
When I made the chocolate crunch bars many years ago, I enjoyed but found it quite heavy. It didn’t bother me so much at that time and I thought it was supposed to be like that. But I was amazed at how light and crispy it came out when more Rice Krispies were accidentally added. Since then I never go back to the old recipe.
The process is very simple.
- Mix the Rice Krispies and the mixed nuts & raisins in a bowl. Set aside.
- Melt the chocolate and the coconut oil in a medium size microwave safe bowl in the microwave.
- Add the Rice Krispies and the mixed nuts & raisins mixture into the melted chocolate, mix and coat thoroughly.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin. Press down the top including the corners and edges with a spoon.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour. Take out from the fridge and cut into bar shapes with a heated knife. Put back in the fridge for at least for another hour.
If you want to skip the nuts, add a bit more Rice Krispies instead or you can replace it with seeds or dry fruits.
I just want to give a note, this vegan chocolate crunch bars light is not too sweet so if you want it sweeter add some sugar in the chocolate and melt together before adding. I don’t think syrup would work as it adds extra moisture. The chocolate bar might not hold together properly. But if you try with syrup let me know how it comes out☻
Vegan Chocolate Crunch Bars Light
- 70 g Rice Krispies or any other rice pops
- 15 g coconut oil
- 70 g mixed nuts with raisins nuts should be chopped
- 100 g vegan dark chocolate I used 74% dark chocolate
- Prepare a rectangular shape baking tin lined with baking paper. I used the one 11 x 7 inch baking tin. Set aside.
- Mix the Rice Krispies and the mixed nuts (chopped) with raisins together in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe medium bowl (it should be big enough to add all of the ingredients in), melt the chocolate and the coconut oil in the microwave. Avoid the highest power to avoid burning the chocolate. While it's melting in the microwave, check sometimes and give it a stir.
- Add the Rice Krispies and the mixed nuts & raisins mixture in the melted chocolate.
- Mix thoroughly to coat Rice Krispies and nuts & raisins.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and press down to form an even layer, pushing the mixture into the corners and sides of the tin. Put it in the fridge.
- *Take out from the fridge after about 1 hour and cut into chocolate bar shapes with a heated knife. Put back in the fridge for at least another hour to set completely before serving. I kept mine in the fridge for 3 hours.